Monday, 19 August 2013

Meteors

I spent nearly every night of last week thinking about meteors. They were on the news; apparently, a group of them were making their yearly appearance in the night sky, and this year, conditions were clear enough for them to be visible.

Telling myself that I ought to catch them, I made a note in my diary to stay up late on Monday. It didn't work out. It was the same for Tuesday, and Wednesday. And then on Thursday, I finally managed to wake up at what used to be called an ungodly hour of the morning, only to find out from an equally insomniac friend that I'd missed the show. It rained on Friday, so I couldn't see anything.

What did I learn from all this? That I can't stay up late anymore, even with an alarm blaring at me. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment